Hold on to your kits, kids. We at The Atlanta Cycling Festival have a lot of exciting updates to pedal through. Grab a water bottle and enjoy!
The 2016 Atlanta Cycling Festival Dates: Sat, June 11 - Sat, June 18!
Woohoo! We're heading into year #3 for the ACF and, boy oh boy, do we have a lot of great things planned! Some teasers:
- We're launching the first ever pop-up MTB single track with REI
- We're activating the first ever Atlanta Cycling Festival Village at Atlanta Streets Alive (Think Olympic Village - But better)
- We're leading an art + tech + bike series thanks to the help of Wahoo Fitness
- We're creating a whole "Class/Words" learning series, powered by Bike Law GA
- We're hosting an "Unseen Atlanta" ride, taking you to places you didn't even know existed in Atlanta
- We're incorporating rooftops and skylines - That's all we're going to say
We'll have MTB, road, tandem, lights, art, tech, words, volunteering, learning, advocacy, culture, doughnuts, beer and a whole lot more! Realistically, we're looking at 40+ bicycle events for the entire week. Take the whole week off: You'll need it.
Call To Action: Signup for our festival updates
ACF Create Grant Submissions Are Open - $2,000 Grant
To help create more bicycle culture, jobs and infrastructure, we proudly host The ACF Create Grant. The one time grant gives you $2,000 to start your bike business/idea here in Atlanta, GA. Submissions are now open and will close on Sunday, March 6th, 2016 at 11:59pm. Last year's grant helped start a bicycle food delivery service in southwest Atlanta with the great folks at Carver Neighborhood Market!
Bicycle Camping - Tickets Are Almost Gone!
Each year we and our good friends at Zipcar host Bicycle Camping to raise money for the year's festival. Permits, beer, swag and doughnuts aren't cheap - This event helps us cover a lot of up-front costs. Plus, it's incredible amount of fun. If you like bikes, beer, camping, yoga and burritos, then you should totally join us. Dates: Saturday, April 16 - Sunday, April 17.
Sponsorship Is Now Open
You're $$$ can make the 2016 ACF a reality. Plus get you all sorts of neat digital and in-person perks. If you want your message to reach healthy, active and passionate people that love Atlanta - Then you've come to the right place!
Volunteer/Lead A Ride Is Now Open
Want to volunteer during the Festival? Or perhaps you want to host a fun bike ride or event? We love that idea! Around 60% of our events are community driven and organized. Here's your chance to show why you love biking in Atlanta.
We Have An Awesome New Website
You might have noticed that our dot com has changed a little bit! We've launched a completely new, super fast, SEO-friendly website. It's mobile ready and will allow us to integrate/share events like never before. We had the honor, privilege and luck of working with the following to make it happen:
- The Creative Ashoomi Dholakia - UX/UI
- The Handsome Jimmy Lo - Web Dev
- The King Carlos Quiñones - iOS/Android app (coming soon)
- The Artistic Catherine A. Moore - Management & Design
Phew! Last big announcement -You're awesome. But you already knew that. We look forward to riding bikes with you in June!
Ding Ding Ding,
The Atlanta Cycling Festival Team