The 2015 Atlanta Cycling Festival is almost here! We've got 40+ bike events all over Atlanta! If you haven't yet, check out our Atlanta Cycling Festival Events Calendar.
So! To get you ready for all the bike fun, we've put together this step-by-step guide! Follow it exactly and you're bound to have wonderful and memorable 2015 ACF.
Step 1: Watch The Promo Video
Our great friends at Tube Creative have put together yet another amazing promo video (check out the 2014 promo video). Discover what biking in Atlanta means to you at The Atlanta Cycling Festival!
Step 2: Get A Bike
If you haven't taken your bike out of storage in the last 9.29 years... chances are, you need a new bike. If you're lookin' for love on two wheels, we recommend the following fantastic bike shops:
- Atlanta BeltLine Bicycle: On a budget? They got you.
- Snyder Cycles: Feelin' fancy? Go here.
- MBIKES: Wanna look fly? They specialize in this.
- Westside Bikes & Supply Co: Speed's the game? Done.
Step 3: Tune-Up Your Bike
If you're set on that 9.29 year old bike... Well, then at least take it out and get it tuned up. You want it to be ready to roll. Please see the above shops. They do amazing wrench work. Or! Call Snyder Cycles Road Wrench - They'll come to you to fix your bike!
Step 4: Get All The Supplies
For a successful [and safe] Atlanta Cycling Festival, we recommend that you have these items with you at all times:
- Bike lock
- Bike lights
- Bike tubes
- TONS of water (It's June, people - it will be hot)
- A few snack bars
- Charged phone
Also, since it's June, you will perspire. Like, probably buckets full. Proper clothing will help with this. Our favorite place to get the right (and super fly) attire: The Spindle ATL.
Step 5: Sport The Jersey
Another thing that will help with the heat: An awesome ACF jersey. Well, actually, it might do the opposite - because we're sure you're going to look hott in it < - - - Yes, two ts. Podiumwear put together these for us and we couldn't be happier with them!
- Visit the Podiumwear ACF Page
- Enter Password: acf
- Be envied by all who did not order
Podiumear - Your Source For One Sexy Lookin' Bike Jersey®.
Step 6: Follow Us On Social Media For Last Minute Updates
All day-of event updates will be posted on our Twitter and Facebook event pages. If there are any last minute changes/updates, go there. Oh, and we're on Instagram.
P.S: Official ACF hashtags: #AtlCyclingFest #BikeATL
Step 7: Clear Your Calendar
Again, we've got 40+ bike events from June 13th-June 20th. Clear your calendar. For the whole week.
- Tour de BeltLine: This ride explores the current and future Atlanta BeltLine project on the completed sections of paved trails and nearby bike-friendly roads. Proceeds go to the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition and Atlanta BeltLine Partnership. Awesome orgs.
- Easy Breezy Bike Part Art: Learn from artist Catherine A. Moore how to take old bicycle rims and other bike parts and make some amazing, artistic BIKE CLOCKS!
- "Bikes Vs Cars" - Georgia Premiere Documentary Screening! Atlanta VeloCity Magazine is proud to bring you this opportunity to take a broader look at the issues, challenges and obstacles that cities and towns across the globe face when striving to become bike-friendly.
- Living Walls Bicycle Tour: The ACF is partnering with the Metro Atlanta Cycling Club to take you to see some of the best Living Walls Murals in Atlanta! Proceeds from the ride will go to making ACF and Living Walls 2016 a reality, as well as MACC's awesome cycling programs. A trifecta of great causes.
Did we mention that there are over 40+ biking events? Events to have fun at? If you honestly don't have a good time during June 13th-June 20th it's probably because you're dead inside... And you should see a happy doctor about that. Soon.
Phew! That's 9 Steps! We think you can handle it. We can't wait to ride with you!
Much Bike Love,
The Atlanta Cycling Festival Team