From June 11 - June 18, 2016, the Atlanta Cycling Festival is bringing you a week of bicycle rides, classes, parties, art, tech, and more.
We did the math and we have 46+ bicycle events this year. Yes, we know - That's a lot. We want to encourage and get as many people out on bikes as possible (Read more about the ACF Goals here).
However, there are these pesky things called "costs" and "permit fees." Let's just say, it's not cheap to repurpose a parking deck into a bike-topia, nor is it easy-cash to host a bicycle night market and historic tours.
Thus, to help offset some of these costs and remain in good financial health we're hosting a few paid events this year. By purchasing tickets to these events, you're actively saying, "Hey, keep this week of biking magic alive, please."
And with that, here's our list of, "Get Your Tickets For These Events At The 2016 Atlanta Cycling Festival!"
1. The Phoenix Tour
If you only purchase one ticket, it should be this. Join us Saturday, June 11, on this 17 mile ride as we discover where the Phoenix has soared and spread her wings over this great city. We'll travel around the SW, NW and SE Atlanta, exploring perhaps unfamiliar pockets of history, wonder and context.
- You'll get an intimate, curated contextual tour
- Learn about: Hidden flyovers, Dome construction view, subterranean streets, Snake Nation, The Gulch, Atlanta's #1 Most Champion Tree, jazz forests and so much more!
- Lunch at Elliott Street Pub
- Snacks from Clif Bars and Suja Juice
- Curated taste testing of The Official Tortilla Chip Of The 2016 Atlanta Cycling Festival: Paqui
- See and learn wonderful things about Atlanta that you may not have known of before
2. The Big Opening Party!
Join us on Saturday, June 11, as we re-purpose the top two stories of the Georgia Tech Hotel Parking Deck! That's right, we're turning a parking deck into a rad bicycle event space for one evening. This event is going to be, well, awesome. TICKETS ARE LIMITED. So get them fast.
We'll be activating:
- First ever skyline rooftop MTB Pump Track by REI
- Bicycle Laser Tag by BEAM
- Bicycle Polo from ATL Bike Polo
- Bicycle light show from the good people at Magnum
- Bicycle portraits from the artsy Kevin Ward Photography
- Bicycle tunes from the talented kids at Soul Spin Studio
- Bicycle beer from New Belgium Brewing
- Bike parking from Atlanta Triathlon Club
- Bicycle fun from all the ACF sponsors
- Amazing views (see event image!)
- And a lot more!
3. Easy Breezy Bike Part Art - Bicycle Totem
Personalize your bike totem further by bringing an old bike seat or handlebar that you have shared many riding memories but no longer have a use for. The class fee is $15 to cover art supplies and hardware (Get ticket here). Additional donations to Starter Bikes and SOPO will be accepted.
4. MTB & Brew at SweetWater Brewing & Sope Creek Trail System
What better way to spend a day? Join REI's professional mountain biking instructors for a day to remember. Meet at SweetWater Brewing Company and shuttle in the REI van to Sope Creek Trail System for a dynamic and scenic trail ride accompanied by expert guidance and instruction. High quality full-suspension Ghost Brand mountain bikes are also provided.
Beer + MTB + Bike Demos = Heaven. Get tickets here.
And there you have it! Call to action: Get your tickets and please share this post! See you on two wheels very soon!